• Your poster should have a clear and simple message. Remember the most importance advice: A poster should be distinct and understandable also when printed on a matchbox.
• You are a poster artist with a personal touch. Your poster should be visual and stylish - and maybe even humoristic?
• Recognition is important. Consider picturing people and faces.
• Love you letters! Use a thought-out typography. This is considered as hugely important by the jury.
• The most important advice is: The picture is the main thing. If you want to include a slogan of your own making it should be short and to the point. Otherwise, stick to the simple, and very functional: SWEDEN (or SWEDEN-SVERIGE) or perhaps ”Come to Sweden”.
• Be authentic. If you include objects: make sure that they are objects you would actually encounter in real life Sweden. So no polar bears, please.
• Summer and winter are given favorites. But we also love posters that call for adventure when the country awakens in the spring, or when the colors come alive in the fall. Or maybe it’s a summer or winter night poster we need?
• Remember: Sweden of today is much more than Stockholm City or the Dala horse. Try therefore to find new symbols for the country!
• We like traveling climate smart and we'd love to see posters promoting this. Here are some keywords that might inspire: train travel & biking, outdoors & city culture, kayaking & trekking, walking & running, national parks & local shopping.
• Please avoid using any commercial brands in your poster. The poster can contain no racist, aggressive nationalistic or otherwise insulting content.
• We are looking for positive and happy posters where the only ”ideology” is the joy of traveling and discovering.
• Most poster artists today use only drawing software on their computer. But feel free to work by hand or why not combine the two techniques?
• Unfortunately we don't accept photo posters or photomontages.
• In conclusion… Our most important tip is really this: Surprise us – and remember to focus on one main theme and one message.
Visit our website cometosweden.se (classic and new travel posters) for more inspiration, and please check out how classic travel posters can style up your home. But remember: You do not need to copy vintage style posters to succeed in this contest. We are looking for travel posters for Sweden in the year 2020!
Please remember to read the contest rules and terms in full!